Tuesday 5 October 2010

Birth

My name is PD, and as far as you, my reader's, are concerned this is the day of my birth. My integration into the blogger's world after floating around for several years in the embryonic fluids of paper and ink. I can See the light! And it's getting brighter, blinding, like the embers of the sun, coming closer, burning my retina, actually its quite welcoming! A place to share my thoughts on the world around me, the events, the people and the things that surround me in other words the little preoccupations that postpone the inevitability of my primary desire - Death - as Freud would analyse.

This is my LP, my first recording of the sounds that make up my existence, my First LP, which I guess I should frame, or do I wait until it reaches Platinum? Who know's the little eccentricities of the world today? Who cares?   and what better time to start with than today! The day I fell ill! Happy times. Being cooped up in my bed all day, drinking hot soup and tea to ease the pain in my throat, while wrapped up in blanket - Wicks Vapour rub drowning my body - and a good film or two. not to mention the wrestling - which I will get to later on in the first LP. Although I have been suffering from a serious case of man flu - the worst kind - It hasn't been the worst day - as you can probably tell. Missing a day of work, maybe 2? Lets see, and watching TV. YES.

I started of the day by exercising my thoughts on weather to go to work or not, and on feeling cold with my blanket and warm without it - I decided there was something wrong with me, and taking the informed decision to go back to bed in the comfort of my own bed - without the freezing cold blanket off course!

Now I come to the Wrestling, WWE Monday Night Raw, the longest running weekly episodic TV show. But what made this episode special was that it followed the Hell in a cell Pay-per-view event - which by the way was one of the best pay-per-view shows from WWE in a long while - in which John Cena - The biggest face of WWE - lost to Wade Barrett of  Nexus (WWE's Biggest heel faction) and as a result Cena had to Join the Nexus, the result left the WWE universe in shock, made the kids cry, and the fans leave early. Well I for one was massively happy with this result, as Cena's character was becoming stale, and uneventful, his stories predictive and boring, his comeback's as inevitable, well now we see how good John Cena is: Can he be a Heel, or will he stay a little baby face? Well on this episode of Raw it looked like he was going to do his usual jibe of turning a bad situation into something advantageous for himself, in this case dismantling Nexus from within, but in a fantastic turn of events, the "stupid" computerised Raw GM announces that if Cena did not comply with Wade Barrett's orders he will be fired from the WWE! And Lo and behold Cena Helped Wade Barret win the 20 man battle Royal, even walking out him self at the end, could this be as big as Hulk Hogan and The Rock turning heel? We shall find out?

Other than the excitement of watching Raw, all I did was cuddle up under my blanket and watch: Airplane, Cool Runnings and Memento, three films which put a smile on my face, apart from Memento, which was slightly more shocking and disturbing, but a masterpiece from a Director who has quickly become my favourite - Christopher Nolan.

Well that's it for this episode of Life's Little Preoccupations, hopefully the content of my post will be slightly more interesting next time round!

No comments:

Post a Comment